Volunteers Make for a Better Community
Be a friend of the bush or help stage a community event! Here’s some information about how you can get involved.
Council is committed to supporting volunteering across Devonport. Volunteers help to strengthen our local community by enhancing local connections, helping to share and build skills & expertise, often supporting those people and areas most in need. Being a volunteer is a great opportunity to get actively involved in your local neighbourhood and make a difference.
We are committed to meeting best practice standards for volunteering and we work in partnership with local groups to identify and promote volunteer opportunities across Devonport.
Volunteering at Council
When opportunities are available, Council are keen to take on new volunteers to assist in the delivery of services to our community through:
- Bass Strait Maritime Centre
- Community Events
- Devonport Regional Gallery
- Julie Burgess
- Visitor Information Centre
- Sport and Recreation and
- Friends of Don Reserve
Volunteering at Council enables you to:
- meet new people
- get work experience
- share your skills, life experiences and expertise with the community, other volunteers and Council staff
- stay active and involved in your community; and
- learn new skills or maintain current skills.